So, that technically isn't "recent" since it was from May, but I haven't changed that much since May. Just lost my tan and about 10 more pounds, but overall, not that different. I'm not sure if I need to do an introduction?? I mean, if you are here you probably know me. The basics: my name is Ginnie; I am married to Derek; I have 4 kiddos; I work at Prudential; I have cats named Kitty, Patty, and Chloe - but I'm not a crazy cat lady; I am pretty creative/artistic; I am a sports FANATIC; and I LOVE being Southern. That is pretty basic, but hey, you probably already know me anyway. And now 15 random facts about me.... this is a pretty damn self-indulgent little post... oh well, here goes:
1. I haven't eaten carbs for the bulk of about 7 or 8 years. However, because of that, I weigh almost 80 lbs less now than I weighed 7 or 8 years ago. I happily accept the trade off. I do "cheat" on occasion - like holidays.
2. Why we call our kids "the babies:" I don't really like "kids" because they aren't goats. I don't like "children" because it's too formal (we def aren't the formal type) and I had to use it too much during divorce/custody stuff. Somehow "babies" came about and it stuck.
3. Yes, Derek and I technically "met" on Twitter. I started watching the End Zone way back when Clayton Moore was playing at Louisville, and I watch my local news, so I knew who he was. When I got on Twitter way back when I needed someone who was covering sports and he came up as a "local Twitter user" recommendation. I followed him for updates during the SEC tournament in 2009 and one day in June of that year he responded to me. It was kind of a joke between me and a friend of mine that I'd gotten him to respond to me (i mean, we kind of looked at him as a semi-celebrity) but he hadn't responded to him - but it later turned into a "virtual" friendship and later than that turned into us meeting and dating! So yay, Twitter.
(If I don't start making these shorter, this post will be waaaaaayyyy too long.)
4. I LOVE fashion but am terrified of it. I never feel like I am "pulling it off." I question every single outfit I put on, every single day. And I usually wind up with very basic stuff on and not stuff I want to wear. I really want to get better at this, and I am trying.
5. I am a huge coffee "snob." I am very particular about what kind of coffee I drink, how I drink it, etc. And I like powdered creamer- and one particular kind, at that - much to the chagrin of my friend Shane (who owns a coffee shop!)
6. I can't grow my fingernails to save my life. I don't bite them, they just don't grow. Never have. Oh well.
7. I opened the store Mary Virginia's. I sold it right before I had my youngest son, Josh. It sold again and that person still owns it. I am proud it is still open and I love to see my name downtown!
8. Building on that, until 2 years ago I had been a stay at home mom for about 10 years with the exception of when I owned Mary Virginia's. Getting back to work full time is STILL something I am adjusting to.
9. I LOVE high heels. Love them. And I can wear them for hours and in all kinds of places and am still comfortable. I have stood for entire football games on the sidelines MANY times in my heels.
10. I love soup. And I could eat my weight in it. Which I did last fall (off my diet for a little while) and that is why my behind looked like it did when I got engaged. :)
11. I also love peanut butter and if I could only have 1 food for the rest of my life, that would probably be it. (Coffee is not a food. It is a drink. It is excused from this hypothetical.)
12. One of my biggest pet peeves is people talking/humming/whispering/singing/just making any kind of noise to themselves. It absolutely makes my skin crawl.
13. I still have my tonsils, my appendix, my gall bladder, etc. I have never had surgery or a broken bone other than my tail bone. (Sorry, i am running out of random stuff. Although, that is pretty freaking random.)
14. I only lack a few semesters to finish my Elementary Education degree. But there is no way I am going to finish it - have no desire whatsoever to be a teacher. My dream is to change my major to Communication.... I want to be in media relations or some sort of PR for a sports team... college, pro, etc. I could also definitely see me doing some sort of travel section for Southern Living. ;) Maybe it will happen one day.
15. Mario Lopez kissed me on the cheek back in 1995 because I let him borrow 50 cents. That is a true story. Want to know the whole story, you'll have to ask. :)
If I haven't bored you to tears, please come back tomorrow for Day 2!